Medicare’s costs are going up but Medicare Advantage insurance options have improved and costs have decreased.
Medicare announced 2021 costs today and we have the highlights and details.
- Medicare Part B based premium will be $148.50
- Medicare Part B deductible will be $203
- A 34% decrease in average monthly premiums for Medicare Advantage plans since 2017
- More than 4,800 Medicare Advantage plans are offered for 2021, compared to about 2,700 in 2017
- Medicare.gov has an insulin savings filter which can save a minimum of $446 per year for diabetics
Read the press release from Medicare here.