What To Do if You Move (With Your Health Insurance or Medicare)

Any time you move, contact your insurance agent no matter what your age to see if you need to change or SHOULD change plans.

Often, your time is limited to do this so it’s important to contact your agent BEFORE you move so they can help you plan.¬†Usually you only have 60 days and if you notify your current plan too soon, there is a chance they could automatically end your enrollment too soon.


The USPS postal service is required to let insurers know (health and life insurance know) about a change of address? They are also required to let Social Security know.

If you are on Medicare, or are drawing Social Security, here is how you can easily submit an address change online.  If you are not computer savvy, do not despair, simply call Social Security, at 1-800-772-1213, and they will take your address change over the phone.  

Don’t hesitate to ask us for assistance.  That is why we are here.

Leave a Reply